We LOVE Packrafting! Why? Because......
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent. Designed for full-on wilderness expeditions but can be used just about anywhere from oceans to lakes to wild rivers.
Day trips, multi day trips and / or massive expeditions; hunting, fishing or even a leisurely Sunday float on your nearest lake are all options. All you need to do is “show up and blow up” to start having fun. We are using Alpacka Rafts, the original / first modern packraft from Alaska because, in our eyes they are hands down the best.