PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Our cancellation, payment and credit policies reflect our desire to get you paddling! We aim to be fair and reasonable, however the closer we are to expedition, course or trip dates, the more we have already pre-organised, scheduled and planned. Our policies below reflect this. Get familiar with our terms below – and as always, if you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- A deposit equivalent to 25% of the total cost of your booking is required at the time of booking to secure courses, trips or to reserve a rental boat;
- Full payment must be made four weeks prior to the date of your course, trip and rental date, unless otherwise arranged directly with Packrafting New Zealand.
We will offer a full refund of any monies paid (less booking fee of 1.9%) if:
- You have given at least 12 weeks’ notice to cancel.
- We cancel due to minimum numbers not reached.
We will provide 50% refund on the deposit, and a full return of other payments (less booking fee of 1.9%) if:
- You have given at least 8 weeks’ notice to cancel.
- We cancel between two and four weeks out, due to weather, natural disaster or circumstances outside of our control (e.g. COVID restrictions), and you cannot reschedule.
Sorry, no refunds will apply to:
- Cancellations once the course, expedition, trip or rental has commenced
- Late arrivals or no shows on the day of departure
- Downgrades or deciding not to partake in the expedition, trip or rental.
- We cancel less than two weeks out, due to weather, natural disaster or circumstances outside of our control (e.g. COVID restrictions) and you cannot reschedule.
We reserve the right to cancel trips if the minimum numbers are not reached.
We have a deep love for the adventures we provide and want to encourage people to join the pack.
If you do need to cancel your original booking, and your cancellation meets our criteria above, or by special arrangement with our team, we are happy to honour your booking by moving it to another available date, if:
- The new date is within a year of our original trip or course reservation;
- Or by arrangement with our team.
Credits on cancellations may only be used once (read: rescheduled once only).
If after the first booking has been moved once, and you still cannot meet the dates for the trip or the reservation, typically our standard cancellation criteria apply.
Please talk to our team.