SKILL DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Personalized training, tailored to your needs
Personalized training, tailored to your needs. Been packrafting a while and ready to take your skills to the next level? We’ll work with you one on one or in small groups to help turbocharge your advancement so that you can more safely and confidently tackle whatever new challenge you might be planning.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Our personal skill development courses are tailored to you or your group’s needs.
- We can assess your skill level and discuss what we think you should focus on, or you tell us where you want to improve
- Max course size is 4
- Flexible dates
- Courses can be 1 or 2 days
- Not a replacement for our Level 1 course
- Must have proficient paddling skills and knowledge–ideally IPIA Level 1 or similar
- Having your own gear is preferred, but rental kits are available if needed
YOUR TRAINING MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Advanced paddle strokes
- Intermediate/advanced eddy runs
- Swimming & general water confidence (up to grade III)
- Self-rescue & buddy rescue & assistance
- Line choices
- General decision making
- Awareness of hazards & river dynamics
- Beginning rescue techiniques
Your training will be based both on your previous experience what you want to focus on. These courses are based on confidence and skill progression. We start slow and push you a little harder as we go, based on your personal confidence and ability.
This course is for people who have some experience and ideally have done a Level 1 course to fine tune their skills. If you have no experience at all this is not the course for you. Have a look at our Packrafting Level 1 instead.
If you have your own packrafting gear we strongly recommend that you use it for the course as this gets you practise with your own kit. If you don’t have your own kit yet, don’t worry we have a full kit you can hire for the course
If you want email notifications when trainings are offered, put your email below and we’ll put you on the list. Or just use the contact form (below) to ask us questions
To book a skill development day, or request dates, scroll down and click on the ‘check dates and prices’ button in the REGISTRATION section.
- Use the Check Dates and Prices button and fill in the booking form for the course date you prefer
- We will get back to you as soon as we can with more details
- Booking a Skill Development Day gives you 50% off other continuing education courses (does not apply for Expeditions).
- If you have previously sat a course with us, you may be eligible for 50% off the price of this course.
- Payment can be Bank transfer or Credit Card (+3%)
- Feel free to give us a call or email if you have more questions
- Please Note: Registering only confirms interest on those particular dates. It only becomes a booking and a secured spot once we receive your deposit or full payment.
Skill Development Day
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require a 25% deposit of the total cost. This secures your spot or reservation.
- The balance of payments should be paid no later than four weeks prior to the departure/rental date unless other arrangements are made. If you don’t do this, we may cancel your booking or reservation, so make sure to keep track of time as your trip is getting nearer. In this case, you won’t get your deposit back.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose the deposit, and get back 80% of the rest.
- Within 4 weeks no refund applies.
- Once your trips, rentals or course has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstances.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you arrange personal travel/medical insurance. This will protect you for any loss of fares if you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances.