DAY RENTAL PACKAGES
Suitable for first time Packrafters
Suitable for first time packrafters. A one day, self-guided trip with a few choose your own adventure options for those with enough confidence to in the outdoors to look after themselves. Transport, training, and all specialty gear provided.
- Super light, weighing as little as 2.3 kg!
- Extremely stable, even in whitewater.
- Small, packing down to the size of one man tent
- Super robust and hard to damage, but easy to fix
- Much more comfortable then a normal kayak
- Highly addictive (consider yourself warned…)
- Able to carry heaps of gear, even a bike!
Packrafting, in short, is a mix of kayaking (or rafting) and tramping. They are paddled like a kayak but have the stability of a Raft. The boats themselves are super light and fold down to the size of a one man tent.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 2 people as min
- Min age is 15 years of age
- You need to be able to swim
- All rentals include packrafting skill & safety training
- All rentals are on the Waiau River and Lake Manapouri
- Start at 8:30am & back in town by ~6:00pm
- Personal / Group guides are optional
Package Information :
- Experience Level = BEGINNER
- Prices are based on a min of 2 people per booking
- Intro to packrafts & basic river training
- Standard rental gear : Boat, Paddle, Pfd
- Optional : Wetsuit, Drybags
- 24 km River paddle
- 2 km Lake paddle
- 6 km walk on an easy trail
- Shuttle to and from your adventure day
Please Note : After the training we are expecting a certain skill level for you to continue on your own. If you do not meet that minimum skill level we reserve the right to not rent out our gear for the reminder of the day. We will however come up with some other options in that case.
WANT TO LEARN MORE about our day rental packages before committing? Just stick your email in the box below and download a detailed information packet right to your device to help you decide.
READY TO BOOK? Scroll down to the “Registration” section to check on your dates and register
Or, you can ASK US A QUESTION. If you can’t already tell, we’re always happy to talk about packrafting!
DOWNLOAD FREE INFO BROCHURE
Download link will pop up just below the email field !
GET IN CONTACT
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require full payment. This secures your spot or reservation.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose 20%, and get back 80% of the rest.
- Within 4 weeks no refund applies.
- Once your trips, rentals or course has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstances.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you arrange personal travel/medical insurance. This will protect you for any loss of fares if you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
The weather in Fiordland can be very unpredictable and change dramatically, very quickly; the close proximity of towering mountains and the ocean makes for conditions and temperatures that can vary markedly during the course of a day. Fiordland is one of the wettest places on the planet.
Summer months average around 20°C but the evenings can be a little cooler. Winter temperatures average around 10°C on the coast with the evenings much colder.It is not unusual to experience both summer and winter conditions and temperatures on the same day!
It is important to be prepared for the worst conditions carry the appropriate clothing at all times. In the event of extreme weather, your safety is our priority and parts of the day may need to be changed. Any decision to do so is a professional decision made by your guide, please respect their decision as it is based on experience and with your safety in mind.
Regardless of the conditions you experience, sun, rain, a combination of the two, or anything in between, your experience on our 3 day tour will be a memorable one.