Packages deals or create your own adventure options for confident paddlers
Package Deals and Create Your Own Adventure options for Confident Paddlers. We offer rentals as part of amazing pre-planned but self guided itineraries from one to three days. We also cater to experienced paddlers that are keen to plan their own custom trips.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Registering your preferred Dates is FREE
- All rentals include either a skill assessment and/or training
- Min age is 15 years
- You need to be able to swim
- All rentals start & finish in Te Anau
- Guides are available for hire if you are not sure
- A minimum skill level is required in order to hire gear.
Our day rental packages are suitable for beginner paddlers. You'll paddle down the Waiau river, right through the heart of Middle Earth (the river was featured in The Lord of the Rings) before choosing how to end your day--either with more paddling, a walk along the Kepler Track (one of NZ's Great Walks), or a Jet Boat ride back to civilization.
MULTI DAY RENTALS
Escape the world for a few days with an adventure on one of New Zealand's most picturesque lakes. This package includes both river and lake paddling, camping on pristine beaches or stays in classic Kiwi huts (your choice), and an optional ascent of the iconic Monument (not for the faint of heart!). Epic!
As we like to say, packrafting makes you look at the map in a whole new way. How have you been looking at it? Where will your next dream adventure take you? If you've got the experience but not the gear, then we're here to make that dream a reality. Or get in touch and we can use our intimate knowledge of Fiordland to help plan your next wilderness expedition.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require a 25% deposit of the total cost. This secures your spot or reservation.
- The balance of payments should be paid no later than four weeks prior to the departure/rental date unless other arrangements are made. If you don’t do this, we may cancel your booking or reservation, so make sure to keep track of time as your trip is getting nearer. In this case, you won’t get your deposit back.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose the deposit, and get back 80% of the rest.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you arrange personal travel/medical insurance. This will protect you for any loss of fares if you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
The weather in Fiordland can be very unpredictable and change dramatically, very quickly; the close proximity of towering mountains and the ocean makes for conditions and temperatures that can vary markedly during the course of a day. Fiordland is one of the wettest places on the planet.
Summer months average around 20°C but the evenings can be a little cooler. Winter temperatures average around 10°C on the coast with the evenings much colder.It is not unusual to experience both summer and winter conditions and temperatures on the same day!
It is important to be prepared for the worst conditions carry the appropriate clothing at all times. In the event of extreme weather, your safety is our priority and parts of the day may need to be changed. Any decision to do so is a professional decision made by your guide, please respect their decision as it is based on experience and with your safety in mind.
Regardless of the conditions you experience, sun, rain, a combination of the two, or anything in between, your experience on our 3 day tour will be a memorable one.